Thursday, July 22, 2010

Trade Reviews


Some that read this that know me personally may know that this month has been EXTREMELY busy for me - finishing up my real estate classes (finished today, actually), moving into my new house (which I still haven't fully moved into), transferring to a new school, etc etc etc.

This doesn't mean I didn't have time to post some HIGH QUALITY setups the last couple of weeks. It does mean, however, that I wasn't in front of my desk trading. I'm not a big fan of having buy stops, etc. I need to FEEL the market, and if I can't be at my desk at the time a big trade is executed, I don't want any part of it.

I took a few trades today and yesterday during a couple of my classes just due to the fact that I knew we were ripping. Both were small profits to book, nothing extreme, mainly how this entire month has been.

What I want to do in this post is show exactly how these setups I use work, and what the results are when you follow your trade to the T.

Normally, I would've taken full advantage of these rips like I have been doing all year - but, like I said on Twitter, I never fret about missed opportunities because there are ALWAYS others: which I will be posting later tonight.


To start, let me also post where I think we're at on the S&P 500:


SPY



This push against upper resistance looks weaker than I expected - with the selloff late in the day today it killed any potential rip in the last half hour. Thus far, we've had a great earnings season - based on technicals, I believe we CAN break through this resistance, however, I honestly hope that we don't.

What would be the perfect scenario for me would be to see us come back down to the 104 area on the $SPY, and then bounce. This would create a lower high, and also form an inverted head and shoulders pattern, one of my favorite patterns, as shown below.






For myself and for you - these are some of the best trade records I've posted the last few weeks, in no particular order, and as always, follow me on Twitter to get these setups when I find them:


SVR: Original Post




FCFS: Original Post





BHI: Original Post






AIV: Original Post






SO: Original Post





No comments: